Our story is a special one, although I’m sure everyone would say that. Though we grew up in the same small town, and were involved in the same southern baptist church, our paths rarely crossed. Then they did, and we found a friendship we never thought would lead us here. In love, talking and praying and dreaming of a life together.
When I say I’m thankful for him it would be an understatement. But it’s not because he’s all that, although he’s pretty rad. I am thankful for him because how God is his first love, and being with him, growing in love with him, continually changes me for the better. God continues to teach me — transforming me into the likeness of Jesus by growing in love with J.
Knowing and being with my man, I have learned a great deal, some of which include…
- It is important to learn the act of being still.
- People are important, so focus on them when you’re with them.
- There’s a difference between listening and active listening. Both are relevant.
- It’s okay to not be in a hurry, to live some days unplanned.
- Being a servant is a beautiful way to love others.
- Being mindful priorities is a helpful way to keep life balanced.
- When you feel a prompt in an area of growth, take steps in order to facilitate that.
- Any act of kindness and generosity can go a long way.
- When you pray for something that delights God, He provides.
- There is wisdom in giving time and space to seek guidance before you make a decision.
70 days until we say ‘I do.’