In no particular order… with lots of love:
1. Life is a steep, uphill battle but it’s beautiful and you’ll be sad to see it go if you live it right.
2. Resolve to be awesome for the rest of your life. I personally think that’s be doing what you love, expressing yourself however you want to. Lukewarm is no good.
3. Set goals monthly, even weekly. Set them so you are always moving forward, and can grow in confidence when you progress. Life can grow dull without them.
4. Go out into the day believing that you are amazing. Just the way you are. You’re unlike anyone else and you should lean into that. Every hour.
5. Make time for people who build you up, not tear you down. You’ll wear yourself raw if you give energy to one-sided relationships.
6. You can’t please everyone, and you shouldn’t try too. You have your own beliefs and that is wonderful. Stand on them. You’ll resent people if you don’t. Freedom is found when you set boundaries for yourself – literal, emotional, mental, etc.
7. Gossip is shallow, and will always leave you empty. Hobbies are much better.
8. A pair of nice flats and a pair of nude heels will get you far. A must-have in any serious closet.
9. The world does not revolve around us. Turns out that we are just little points of punctuation in a much bigger story glittered with periods & commas & dashes. How are you helping that story to be better?
10. No matter how tech savvy we get, there is a need to say things to a person’s face. Please, for the love of lovelier things, if it’s a major conflict, have the courage to call someone up and verbalize your thoughts or meet for a coffee. The time is richer, sweeter, and makes for deeper memories.
11. Regret will eat you up if you let it. You will crumble if you hold onto things forever; learn from them, and let the hurtful past go. It’s far to easy to let the past dictate your present/future. Give your all to the present.
12. You are stronger than you know. You’ve got a voice, you’ve got a story. Without any apologies use it, share it. Without stepping back. Beware of singing the victim song, it will never be good enough for your time.
13. Find a groove in some kind of daily exercise. A conversational walk after dinner, a dance class, morning run with a friend. Something. You will feel better all-around. Be active to keep your temple of a body pumping and glowing.
14. Be ambitious. Not thirsty. Find your passion and be the best you can be. Even if it doesn’t meet the world’s standards of success, you will feel satisfied.
15. Remember that failure is a bruise, not a tattoo. One of the most helpful habits a woman can learn is that a mistake isn’t a failure if you learn from it. Progress, not perfection. It will leave you much happier.
16. When life is sweet, say thank you and celebrate. And when life is bitter, say thank you and grow. (Shauna Niequist)
17. Forgiving yourself is just as important as forgiving other people.
18. For you who are Christians, your identity is in Jesus, and Jesus alone. Out of that truth comes your confidence, your joy, your beauty, your kindness, your love, your life.