First time for every thing — including taco soup. And it was goooooood. Throw in some of my man’s homemade guacamole and some good chips… delicious.
- 1 lb hamburger or turkey burger
- 1-2 TB McCormick taco seasoning (more or less to taste)
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped finely
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained
- 1 15 oz can kindey beans, drained
- 1 15 oz can pinto or white beans, drained and rinsed (optional)
- 1 15 oz can corn
- 1 can Rotel tomato’s
- 1 15 oz can diced tomato’s
- 1/4 cup salsa (fresh is best)
- 1 15oz can tomato sauce
- Brown hamburger in a large pan over medium heat. Add in the onions, bell peppers and saute for a few minutes.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and stir until combined. Let simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. You can add a little water if it starts getting too thick.
- Top with sour cream and cheese, extra guacamole or salsa. Serve with tortilla chips. Enjoy!