Being a bridesmaid is a really fun experience, especially if the circumstances are like they were for me this past weekend. I’ve known the groom since 2nd grace and the bride my entire life. It was special for me to be apart of their wedding day, and I’m thankful for their friendship. The weekend was wonderful; fun, sweet, beautiful. Thanks be to God, for such a great gift.
I’ve been in a handful of weddings, so I’ve learned along the way what essentials should make it into my bag for that day. I’d love to know what you would also add to the list.
1. Pinch Provision’s MiniEmergency Kit – I learned about this website weeks ago, and my little kit stays in my purse. It came in handy Saturday when I needed floss (so.. points for that).
2. Hairspray [of your choice] – Weddings are definitely when I use the most hairspray, and this one was no exception. I think I spritzed some part of my hair every hour.
3. Mints – Gotta have fresh breath to walk down the aisle, right?
4. Comfy shoes – We were at the church by 10am and the wedding wasn’t until 6. Comfy shoes are the way to go. I usually opt for my Lucky brand flats or Target sandals. Easy to slip on and off, and small enough to fit in my bag.
5. Your favorite lipstick – I finally found my favorite lipstick: Beauticontrol‘s Cashmere Pink. It was [used on] given to me on the day of my own wedding, and I was sold.
6. Water bottle with a straw – The straw is for people like me who tend to spill things semi-often. This keeps your makeup looking fabulous and your dress clean.
7. Advil – You never know when a headache will strike. It can also be good to prepare for standing in heels for 30 minutes while your friends get married.
8. Happy tunes – We had the best Spotify playlist known to man as our background music on Saturday. A fun mixture of Taylor Swift, N’Sync, and Maroon 5.
9. Snacks – Wedding Saturdays are days for snacking. Smaller increments eliminate the bloated feeling, and women tend to munch when they’re nervous (even with happy nerves).
Do you have a good bridesmaid story? What is on your ‘essentials’ list?
Jessica Lee says
I have several weddings coming up – thank you so much for this list! I’ll definitely be referring back to it!
Chelsea B.E. says
Absolutely, Jessica! Happy I could help :)
Sarah Brennan says
I hear you on that favorite lipstick! For my wedding I tried out a new kind/shade and I wish I had really done my homework to feel comfortable… especially on my lips! …and comfy shoes! yes! I ended up barefoot!
Emily @ Love, Pasta and a Tool Belt says
These are all so important! Advil is so important on such a long day!
Heather Serra says
Awe! This post gets me excited for wedding season!! This is a great list of essentials. Happy tunes are a must!