My first Beautycounter purchase was a body lotion.
A few months later, Beautycounter was having a sale and I ordered 2 skincare products, and off I went, swapping items one or two at a time. You should know up front, before I tried Beautycounter, the words ‘skincare’ and ‘routine’ never came together in my mind. I barely washed my face each night. My Walgreens moisturizer and Target eyeshadow functioned fine for me. However, I was randomly spending an excessive amount of money on cheap products that repeatedly under-delivered, and I spent years trying to figure out what makeup shades looked right on me.
It’s been 4 years, and now almost my entire ‘beauty routine’ is made up of cleaner products, and it’s been a great experience. Not because of the visible benefits (though there are many) but because intention in this surface-level part of the day began to inspire deeper things. More to come on this in a later post, but I’ll just say, I began to realize how my choices have consequences, both fruitful and unhealthy, and I can pursue wisdom in decisions from the food I eat to how I shop to rhythms we cultivate as a growing family.
It took me 4 years to swap almost everything over, because quality isn’t always the cheapest option, and stewardship of our money is important to me. But I do believe it’s worth it, and I think it can be done.
If you’d like to see a difference in your skin or adventure into safer cosmetics, here are some budget-friendly ways to try Beautycounter:
1. Swap products one at a time. Running out of face wash? Start there! Have a product you can’t live without? Look for Beautycounter’s alternative (or ask me, I’d love to help). Is there something you’ve always wanted to try, a mask, bronzer, eye renewal cream? Try that. I have many samples you could try, but nothing will help you see how a product works for your skin like using the full-sized products daily.
2. Become a member. To get the best bang for your buck, sign up for a Band of Beauty Membership. It’s $29 for the year, and you get free shipping on orders $100+, 10% product credit for every dollar you spend, and a free gift when you sign up and spend $50 (which right now is the Charcoal Face Mask, $49 value). There’s no autoship, just the great benefits. You can learn more about the membership and add it to your order here.
3. Go in with a friend or family member. This could be a helpful way to try a variety few full-sized products. Grab a girlfriend or sister or aunt and go in together on a collection or haul of a products and disperse/share them for a week or two to try. Then you’ll be armed with information for what you want for yourself, or you can keep the products you love the most, or return what you both didn’t like.
4. Try a collection or bundle. Beautycounter has a handful of bundled options that can be a great way to save 10-20%. There is also a short skincare quiz helpful for determining your skincare needs that recommends 4 skincare products plus 2 additional products. When you buy the 4 skincare products through the quiz, you save 10%. Also, whenever you purchase a collection, I’ll gift you a Sheer Genius lipstick of your choice on me!
A few sets:
- Flawless in Five – A complete, daily makeup set in 5 minutes
- Get the Look – Four safe, high-performing products that take your every day look to the next level
- The Body Collection – 4 daily essentials for every skin type
5. Become a consultant. If you think you’re ready to commit to safer products, joining the mission of Beautycounter and becoming an advocate (which is ultimately what consultants are) would be the best way to save. $50 up front, and as a consultant, you save 25% on products and earn 25-35% of what you sell. You can do as little or as much work in the business as you want, and we would be a team, so that’s a major perk in my mind. :)
Good stewardship is not spending money on something that doesn’t work for you. Beautycounter is confident you’ll love everything you purchase. However, if you aren’t satisfied with a product for any reason, you can return the unused portion within 60 days from the ship date for a FULL REFUND.
Also, right now there is a summer promotion going on: Spend $125+ and receive a free melting body balm.
Picking out products can be a little overwhelming, especially if you’re new to the clean beauty world or Beautycounter specifically. But! I’m here to help. I’d love to chat with you about my go-to products or help you decide what could work well for you! Leave me a message here or email me at email@example.com.
Anna is crawling now! Super fun.
I have been camped out in these verses lately.