A life update
Abigail Dodds posted these words this week and I’ve all but memorized them: “His pushing us past our limits is his grace to us just as much as his encouragements are. He’s driving us toward his goodness. He’s pressing us beyond ourselves to new vistas of himself.”
After years of chronic neck pain and all that goes with it, I’ve had a few appointments recently to help diagnose major discomfort and fatigue in my arms and hands. I have long known about the spinal stenosis, disc degeneration and bone spur at the C5/C6 disc. Turns out, the nerve roots for my arms live at those discs. We have answers and I find myself a little indifferent. What would make the pain go away completely will most likely never happen — surgery — and I believe the Doc when he says that is best.
But I’m a fixer-type, and I’ll admit to the disappointment at not being able to ‘do’ anything to ease the injury. So, I’m rehearsing Abigail’s words, making a few lifestyle changes, keeping my eyes peeled for God and taking recommendations on the most ergonomical office chair. :)
A great read
I’m slowly making my way through Leighton Ford’s The Attentive Life. Slowly, because there are so many sentences I’ve had to pause and camp out in for a day at a time. Using the rich monastic tradition of praying the hours, Ford walks with you, helping you pay attention to God’s work in you and around you throughout each day and in different seasons of your life. This book is forming me, and I’m excited about it. And thankful.
“This God creates, playfully, purposefully—out of nothing—space and stars, sun and moon, light and darkness, dandelions and donkeys, whales and kingfishers, and a handsome couple. And then he doesn’t get bored: he sees everything that he has made and takes delight in it.”
6 game-changing products
Safe and high-performing and for a discount? Yep yep yep.
Shop the entire site for 15% off, with a few exclusions, UNTIL TOMORROW. Even more, once you reach $250, you’ll receive a 20% off discount.
The vitamin C serum that’s effective — and obsessively tested, our 10% potent, antioxidant-rich vitamin C serum evens skin tone and boosts radiance — safely. Plus: It’s tested for trace contaminants that can unintentionally sneak into products during their creation.
The deodorant that’s aluminum-free—and made with sustainable packaging, clean, recyclable, and non-irritating, this deodorant fights odor and absorbs sweat. Plus: By making The Clean Deo refillable, we reduced its water use, fossil fuel use, and greenhouse gas emissions by ~47%.
The lip gloss that’s safely scented, these super shiny, playfully scented glosses are perfect for the young at heart. Plus: We’re transparent about all our fragrance ingredients—which is rare in the industry.
The peel that’s gentle but effective — and made with safer ingredients, our powerhouse peel refines skin while you sleep, using a clean combo of resurfacing and soothing acids. Plus: Over 1,800 questionable ingredients are never used in our formulations.
The tinted moisturizer that’s glow-boosting—and reef-friendly, this multitasker delivers sheer coverage, SPF 20, and ingredients that deliver better skin over time. Plus: We helped pass a law to ban oxybenzone and octinoxate—known to cause harm to coral reefs—from sunscreens sold in Hawaii.
This multi-tasking cleansing balm, perfect for day and night use, hydrates while it cleanses, removing makeup and impurities with nourishing ingredients that won’t strip away your skin’s natural moisture. (Bonus: it can also be used as a mask for a hydrating overnight facial.)
Want even more rewards as you shop? Join Band of Beauty!
- Right out of the gate, your welcome gift is worth more than the cost of membership itself, $43 gift vs. $29 cost.
- What’s the gift? A 15 mL version of both products you see here (two best sellers!!) our overnight resurfacing peel + charcoal mask. Just make sure you have at least $50 of product in your cart.
- Your membership will pay for itself time and time again. How? You’ll get free shipping on all orders over $100 for an entire calendar year. It’s usually $6.95 each time. PLUS you’ll get 10% back in product credit on every order (good for 90 days). Which is basically like me handing you a coupon every time you shop.
- It’s $29 for one year. No autorenew. No autoships. No purchase requirements. All perks. Think of it as our VIP rewards program. Amazon Prime for Beautycounter. Or even a Costco membership. But I would say clean beauty to your doorstep is a bit more exciting.
- The only thing that tops Band of Beauty is the consultant discount, which I’d be happy to share more about too, comment questions below or email me to chat!
50% of the profits from the sale will go to Augusta Care Pregnancy Center.