I just passed my first full year working with Beautycounter and I realized how much I pray for others to be as blessed by this work as I have. And I don’t mean strictly monetarily. Sometimes I wrestle with the lie that this work isn’t important work and doesn’t have any Kingdom value. Why are you doing this? The devil whispers. I’ve sat with the question before the Lord many times, because He is my greatest love and I do want to be faithful to what He leads me to. He reminds me of my personal mission: cultivating life with Him and inviting others into it. Sure, any work or hobbies or interests we have must stay in their proper place, never becoming more of a home, a treasure, an influence or love than Christ. But we can invite Christ into our work, hobbies and interests. And that, for me, is what makes it meaningful work. Loving everyone I encounter through Beautycounter conversations with the love of Christ is good work. Honoring God with my choices, my time, my surrender and my stewardship is good work. I would even go so far as to say, for me, as a stay-at-home mom, the chance to connect with MANY outside my Christian sphere is good also.
To say that working with Beautycounter is something I needed would be exaggerating, but I did not expect the opportunities for more creativity, relationships and contentment. But God knew. And I think He’s smiling at my joy.
I love the work Beautycounter is doing to get safer products in the hands of as many people as possible. I like how the products have served me, helping me feel healthy and good in my own skin. I love how they have served others in a genuine way (two friends have said their skin has never felt so healthy and good since using Beautycounter – what!).
Even if no one bought another product from me, I would still purchase and use them. But, I can’t say I wouldn’t love to watch God use this work to bless more people. So I’m vulnerably and excitedly sharing reasons you might consider saying a faith-fueled Yes and joining me.
1. Non-Toxic MLM
It never feels like an MLM because in so many ways it differs from the traditional ‘social selling’ company. But at the end of the day, it is an MLM (multi-level marketing company). That said, it’s a non-toxic, studied and approved by many, company. Mamavation recently released research through an article titled, “The Ultimate Non-Toxic Multi-Level Marketing (MLM) Investigation.” They researched 60 MLM’s and gave them good (green), yellow (better), and bad (red) zone rankings. Completely not surprising was that Beautycounter was in the green zone. When you join Beautycounter, you’ll at least be able to feel confident that the products you’re using and selling to family, friends, co-workers, neighbors, and other clients do not contain things like synthetic fragrance, toxic preservatives, endocrine disrupting chemicals, pesticides and carcinogens. Here’s a VERY thorough and honest article written by a consultant about the business opportunity with Beautycounter.
2. Tailor your business uniquely to you
Want to dip your toes into the entrepreneurship (and/or mompreneurship) world? Then do not let fear or comparison or insecurity stand in your way. With this work, you determine how many hours you want to give to it, you get to layer your personality and voice on it, and all you really need is a cell phone. For example, I love to do pop-up links and give half the income to a charity I’m passionate about. How cool is that?! Like everything else, the more you put in, the more you’ll get out, but once you find your rhythm, it is work that can serve you and your family instead of steal you.
3. Save on the things you already buy
Most everyone uses some kind of moisturizer, right? The Counterstart Cocoboost Moisturizer is $29, but you, as a consultant, will get it for $21.75. You get 25% off anything and everything. This is one of the reasons it was so easy for me to justify products like the Cleansing Balm – because I got it for much less. Now I know the value of the products I use every day and how they work for my skin and I’d happily pay full price, but I don’t need to. :)
4. Build your own team
I’m a highly relational person, so I pray more for friends to join me than I do about making sales. Ha! But really. I would love to come alongside someone and help them meet their goals or grow in confidence and honestly, just love and encourage them wherever they are.
If you want, you can build your own team. It’s not a requirement and there is no pressure to do it. Some of you are amazing leaders, natural coaches and enjoyable networkers. You can use that to your advantage by building a team of women just like you and ultimately having the opportunity to make more money and bless more people with safer products.
5. Know you’re making a positive difference
You never have to worry if the products you’re promoting will negatively harm someone’s health. Obviously, Beautycounter isn’t perfect, but they are creating products that truly perform while holding themselves to unparalleled safety and health standards. And, since the products are formulated with as many of the cleanest ingredients possible, it’s usually a given friends and family are going to see amazing results! Maybe you could be part of someone growing more comfortable in their own skin. Also, being a Christian, I love that my voice combats culture’s impossible version of beauty, and I get to help women find life and peace in Christ first, then in stewardship of and joy in the bodies God gave them. You can do the same, how cool would that be!
Okay, here are the nuts and bolts:
- The enrollment fee is $50. (Right now it’s only $29 for Band of Beauty members!) That includes your own website, marketing materials, customer support, extensive training, and marketing they do on your behalf, e.g. emails they send out, digital advertising, etc. It’s a bargain given the quality of their website and marketing materials. As part of my team, you’ll always have access to all my custom graphics also. :)
- You also have the option to buy a starter set when you enroll, which is a group of best-selling products for 40% off retail price. Those sets are invaluable as you launch your business since people are 6x more likely to buy something once they can try it. You’ll want a variety of products to show at get-togethers, to let people borrow and to make samples since everyone has different skin.
- You can buy a set when you enroll or for 30 days afterwards, but not after that point. But again, they’re optional and you’re aren’t forced to buy one. However, I see faster business (and paycheck) growth from those who do buy one.
- You have to sell $1200 in qualifying volume sales (orders from others + your own purchases) every 6 months. Six months is PLENTY of time to hit those numbers if you consistently work to grow your business. It’s doable and I’m here to help you do it.
- Don’t hit your minimums? Nothing bad happens! There’s no public shaming. And you don’t have to pay back or give back anything. The worst case, if you didn’t hit your minimums, is that you’d be converted to a Band of Beauty membership, which still has great perks.
You don’t to know a lot about the products! I repeat: you don’t have to be an expert.
Beautycounter has a ton of amazing training and it’s 100% okay to learn as you go. You’ll have a mentor in me and the mentors above me. I have your back, you’ll never feel alone.
Everyone does the work a little bit differently but everyone finds a way that works for them. You’ll find what feels genuine to you, and that’s why people will reach out to you. Because you care about them and you like the products.
Also, the most important thing? Ask God about it! Talk to your spouse or your family about it. I was asked for probably a year and the timing wasn’t right until it was. :)
Have more questions for me? I’m an open book.
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’m happy to answer any questions, and I can also send you the official opportunity information. If you’re ready to join us today, simply click HERE, click the “ENROLL NOW” button and put me (Chelsea Eubank) down as your mentor.