Adapted from this recipe by Easy Weeknight Recipes.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours
Total Time: 5 hours
- 2 pounds chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1 tablespoon Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 to 8 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled, plus more for garnish
- Bacon grease
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut in cubes
- 1-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups spinach (chopped or whole)
- 1 14oz can of corn
- Place chicken breasts inside the slow cooker.
- Season chicken breasts with onion powder, garlic powder, dried dill weed, dried chives, salt, and pepper. Rub seasoning all around the chicken breasts.
- Pour chicken broth around the chicken breasts and not over them.
- In the meantime cook 4 slices of bacon to a crisp. Crumble the bacon and add to the slow cooker. Add in the bacon grease, too.
- Add cubed cream cheese.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours OR Cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove lid and transfer chicken breasts to a cutting board; using two forks or shredder claws, shred the chicken.
- Return shredded chicken to the slow cooker and stir in the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Add in corn.
- Stir in the kale.
- Cover and cook for 5 to 8 more minutes, or until cheese is melted, spinach is wilted, and everything is heated through.
- Taste for salt and pepper; adjust accordingly.
- Ladle into soup bowls.
- Garnish with more bacon crumbles if you want.