What I’m finding adorable in Jules…
- How she wants to hold your hand to walk anywhere
- How she looks at book pages as if she’s truly scanning them and seeing
- Her bed head. Funny and cute.
- How she and Anna can finally play-wrestle a litttttttle without my constant “Be gentle!!!”
- Her being so much more vocal
- Her sweet, contented face while watching Miss Rachel
- When she tries to jump but her feet never leave the ground.
What I’m especially loving about Anna…
- She’s blossoming at her k-4 program, growing and enjoying and being cared for by two amazing women.
- A recent ‘I love you, Daddy’ at the end of a call. Precious.
- Her bravery on the monkey bars
- She is inspiring me and making me laugh by how much she loves climbing and being upside down on the monkey bars.
- A little introvert, she now wants to read for 15 minutes “by myself” with the lamp on before bed. And whenever she gets tired of a crowd.
- Her new joy in Facetiming the same 5 people every day to chat and show them the stuffed animals around the living room
We also had a good time one day — 30 minutes — around a pumpkin patch and didn’t buy a thing.
Woah the new challenges, the whining, the bickering over toys, the loud volume, but woah the grace and generosity of God.